The Government’s operations were evaluated in November as part of the programme of Procurement Capability Assessments being undertaken across the public sector in Scotland.
The results show a marked improvement from the last assessment nine months ago, in which the Scottish Government’s performance was classed as ‘improved’.
All Scottish public sector organisations are currently undergoing Procurement Capability Assessments, which look at areas such as:
- Procurement leadership and governance
- Procurement strategy and objectives
- Defining the supply need
- Sourcing strategies and specifications
- Contract and supplier management
- Key purchasing processes and systems
- People and skills
- Performance measurement